Monday, January 24, 2011

1/23/11 - Long day!!

When the day started it was "on track" but through out the day that changed!   At 8am, he was changed and feed and still under lights.  At 11am, mom and I brought the boys up to 7th floor waiting room so they could see where I was going.  They played nicely and wonderfully as Aedan took 55cc's for this feeding.  At this point Karri said that he could go 3.5 hours so mom and I decided she would come at 2:30 and I would stay with the boys (they needed a nap and so did I so we slept together).  The NNP (neonatal nurse practitioner) came in and said he could come off lights, have adjusted feeding (45cc's every 3 hours or 60 cc's every 4 hours), and they wanted to start a PICC line in the afternoon.  I was glad to not be there for that!  At 1pm they came to start the PICC line and got it right away....but not 10 minutes later it clotted and they had to remove it.  He was so mad and upset that at 2:30 when mom got there to feed him,, he would not feed as he was too sleepy from and the fighting.  Karri said she would feed him at 3:30pm and for us to come back at 6:30pm.  At 6:30 he took 42cc's so his next feed would be at 9:30pm.  I decided that since I usually am awake till 11pm to pump I could come at 9:30 then have to call when I woke to find out when the next feeding is.....that will be the new routine since they will be adjusting him as he wants (feed on demand).  This may make our lives at home easier or harder since I will have a schedule for KaCe and Ethan (school, playdates, naps, etc) and will need to add him to our schedule there.  I do look forward next week....home settling in with all the family back together again....no more stress of having us here and Travis at home (I know he is distracted at work with us here but not sure how to fix that this week).  Keep the prayers coming but not just for Aedan and us in Denver but Travis in Gillette through this week of separation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers



Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers



Daisypath Anniversary tickers