This is my personal journal as well as a space to update friends and family about the kids and our lives. Please take note that while I want to hear from you, I will delete comments that are inappropriate. I don't try to scare you, to over inform you, or to leave anyone or anything out. I can chose what to put up here, it is my space to be open and verbal! Whitney
Sunday, January 23, 2011
1/23/11 - Bottle testing
I know I did not say in the previous post that we are trying to find a nipple (bottle system) Aedan will use. He has not found one he can finish a whole feeding. He does not like any of the ones the hospital has so I went to Target and got two from there to try (and the nurse's suggestion). He takes them for one feeding then the next feeding he fights through the feeding (not sure why) so we are working through ideas with the nurse today and will have a meeting with developmental therapy tomorrow to see if there is a coordination issue. Right now we have tried Dr Brown's with a premie nipple (I have a level one to try at 2:30 feeding) as well as a small orthodic nipple (like a nuk). We bought a large nuk to try if he does not stay attached to Dr Brown's level 1....sadly I have so many Dr brown's at home that I may have to get rid of but that is ok...we have to find a bottle he will take!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment