Wednesday, January 19, 2011

1/19/11 Afternoon and Evening

***I will be adding pictures and videos to previous posts, so please check back for those.  Also, please note that videos will not download in the emails that some receive so please go to the blog at www.llewelynfamily.blogspot.com to find the videos in a viewable format.***

When I posted this morning's activities I thought that this afternoon and evening could share with tomorrow.....WRONG!!!  This afternoon and evening were full of highs (well at least for me).  When we went in for the 2pm care and feeding,  Renee had Aedan in a bundled blanket and no lights....I was shocked (expected the lights to be there till tomorrow).  As I walked to the fridge to put away milk, I looked down at my cute bundle and realized he had clothes on....WHAT...clothes!?!   Renee said she had received blood work back and orders stating to stop photo therapy and the minute she received those orders ran to the linen closet for him a cute outfit and blankets and bundled him up!!!  She said it was funny because not minutes later is started spitting rain and snow outside!!!   Renee said that she had made Aedan a bit upset and if he did not really want to wake up then we would wait till next care time to really "mess" with him.  She then asked if I wanted to try breast feeding him at the 5pm feeding.  I was excited to try.  I did not know how this would work without help but Renee said she would call the lactation department and see if they could come at 4:30 to help with any issues.   Once we knew for sure what time lactation would come, mom and I raced out the door (to Renee's urging) to get Aedan an outfit of his own.  We called security to give us a ride to RMH then we raced upstairs, changed into warmer clothes (remember it is now raining and snowing) and grabbed our coats, and called a cab who took us to Target.  We managed to find me a pair of black jeans (I don't have any black jeans at home) in my pre-pregnancy size that already fit (but tight), coffee creamer for mom, two sleepers for Aedan, and two shirts for me (easier pumping).  We then called the cab back and raced to the hospital for 5pm feeding.  When we arrived Renee came to the waiting room and said she had to go find a crib....OK so he is getting out of the isolet and into a crib...my thinking was a plastic crib like the KaCe and Ethan had in Casper....we had seen another baby in one earlier today in NICU.  We headed to Aedan's side and started care: temp, Oxygen monitor, clean mouth, check umbilical stump, and change diaper.  I hear Renee talking behind me as she is pushing the crib in, moving the chair for me to sit, and brings the curtains around for privacy.  Mary from lactation arrives and I turn around to see a crib that goes to upstairs...WAIT....yes I said upstairs.  Aedan was moved upstairs at 7pm tonight!!!  He is doing so good at maintaining his body temp, body functions are going good, and breathing with little support from the nasal cannula.   I was so excited to see him move upstairs!!  When we were flying down I was imagining long days in NICU.  We spent 4 days in NICU, now we are in graduate NICU where the main goals are feeding and growing.  Since his main obstacles ahead of finishing the antibiotic and learning to suck (which he seemed to remember how to nipple the feed from the bottle at the 8pm feeding), I am optimistic that we should be home between January 27 and February 1.  He loves to cuddle, rock, and listen to grams and her silly songs.  After our wonderful afternoon and evening, mom and I have returned to RMH to wash his new outfits, relax a bit, and sleep.  So I better go to bed since I have two alarms between now at 7am when I have to get up and going to be at 8am care and feeding!

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm so happy for such good news! What a little trooper Aedan (and you!) is!
    Missed you today at MOPS!

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers



Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers



Daisypath Anniversary tickers