This is my personal journal as well as a space to update friends and family about the kids and our lives. Please take note that while I want to hear from you, I will delete comments that are inappropriate. I don't try to scare you, to over inform you, or to leave anyone or anything out. I can chose what to put up here, it is my space to be open and verbal! Whitney
Sunday, December 25, 2011
Christmas accounting
We just an amazing dinner with friends and family (a few key family was missing)! Travis and I made the Prime Rib, potatoes, Chocolate Cake, and rolls. Tina was in charge of Green bean casserole and Corn. Sis was in charge of the relish tray. Sherry was in charge of the treat platter. We had 13 lbs of Prime for 8 adults, an 8 year old, a 6 year old, a 4 year old, a 3 year old, and a 11.5 month old. It was a good meal for all.....we all left the table stuffed!!!! I did learn a few things though.......17 minutes per pound at 325 is too much. There was 3 medium pieces the rest were more done from there. I am a medium rare girl.....so I did not have a wonderful perfect piece.....I am thinking my thermometer is broken as when we did cut the meat it was saying it was at 140....rare......but it was lying! Travis had fun picking on Sherry and it was fun to watch them fight like siblings even though they have only met 2-3 times. It was great to have her over as her little guy fits so well with my boys!!! Looking forward to having Liam over this weekend to play with the boys while his momma gets a good break! Tina is such a great and funny gal. She and sweet little Chance make me laugh! They are so low key and laid back, I wish I could do that more often! Sis, Mike, and Cody came down from Sheridan and ended up leaving with a puppy.......Sorry Mike....I was on your side to say NO! I love our puppy and know that yours will fit in great with your crew...but 5 dogs is a bit much for any one man!!! I will say that your house hold is closer to equal than ours......I have 5 boys to this one girl!!! You have 3 girls to 4 boys.....not bad odds, LOL. KaCe has camped out at the kitchen table and is reading all the instructions to build all the Legos that they got this morning. I was afraid he would never get old enough to build them without help....but he is loving the attempt and has yet to get mad at himself. He finally understand that if you do it wrong it is easy to fix! Ethan has the patience of a knat....zilch!!! He is such a sweet boy and loves to cuddle with the puppy. Aedan could have slept through Christmas for all he cared.....except then he would have missed his cars push/ride car....HE LOVES IT, especially cause it makes noise and he can dance to it! Travis has played his PS3 almost nonstop for the last week....but he is happy with it! I managed to recieve a Cricut, necklace, puppy, earrings, The Help DVD, and candy canes......did I mention the Puppy? my wonderful Tina, who you have already heard of, asked me on Wednesday to go with her to pick up her grandkids Christmas Presents. When we arrived we loaded up 3 mini dachshund. We love our little Coco. While this may sound like a girl name it is because of his color that we chose this name. Tomorrow we will finish cleaning the house, relax, and enjoy family time. Tuesday it is back to the grind stone for Travis and I......hope we can make it through the shortened week, LOL!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment