Thursday, April 14, 2011

WIC, public health, and ER..all in one day!

The older boys stayed at Dean's last night so I enjoyed the chance to cuddle in bed till 8, shower in leisure, and eat breakfast at my pace.   It was wonderful to just have Aedan for a few hours.  We had many things planned today...WIC appointment for Aedan and I, library storytime for boys, nap time, swimming lessons for K and E, and laundry...a less busy Thursday :) LOL!  I started off going good.....showered, ate breakfast, watched TV, left the apartment at 9:30 for WIC.  Got to WIC and they thought my hand looked bad...so they send me upstairs to the public health nurse.  She decided to drain the blister on my finger and find out why it had swollen overnight....problem solved....now I have a bandage on the left (dominant) hand middle finger that can't come off for 1 week.  Aedan passed his WIC exam and I passed my iron test (YEAH!!).  We then raced across the parking lot to the library for storytime with puppets.  It was fun and KaCe even got 3 books on CD...he loves following along.   I brought all 3 boys home and made lunch...now this is where that whole day goes crazy!  Aedan needed a bottle so I quickly made one for him and got lunch for the boys (macaroni and cheese).  The older two were at the table and I was on the couch feeding Aedan...Ethan walks over and says clear as day, "I can't get the macaroni and cheese out of my nose".    WHAT?!?!   Yep he had shoved a macaroni noodle up his left nostril.  I could not get it with the tweezers, the bulb syringe, or my finger....so I called Travis in a semi panic.  He said take him to ER.  I called my wonderful friend Jessica who took KaCe and Aedan while I went to ER with Ethan.  We were in and out (in ER standards) with in an hour....but as I try to get in the van...I realize I locked the keys in!  WOW can anything else go wrong today?  Sure, while waiting for Travis (who is coming from a work errand at Cordero Mine) Ethan cuddles on my lap and falls asleep.  Travis arrived at 1:20 and opened the van but I have to get the 34lb sleeping child to the van in the rain...Yep what a fun day!!!  Now that we are home, Ethan is napping, Aedan is playing on the flor, and KaCe finished lunch....I better get everyone ready for swim lessons.  Lets see what else happens today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers



Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers



Daisypath Anniversary tickers