It was a great weekend. We left for Denver on Friday at 5am....which meant up at 4am. We had everything mostly packed the night before so it was rather simple to load Aedan in his seat, KaCe in his, and Ethan in his and hit the road. This mommy expected them to sleep right way....WRONG! KaCe stayed awake till 20 minutes before Cheyenne then slept till Cheyenne. While Ethan fell asleep just before Wheatland and slept till Cheyenne. They really did travel well. They both watched movies or listened to music on their MP3 players, both with headphones! Aedan, still recovering from shots on Wednesday and being in car seat all day Thursday, had a hard time relaxing for the trip Friday. He seemed to really dread the trip and was not my peacefully rider he usually is. We arrived in Loveland at 10:05 am for our 11am eye appointments. The boys all behaved really well considering we are all going on less than normal sleep. After Travis and I passed our eye appointments with 20/20 vision (yeah!) we met up with my parents at cracker barrel in Northglenn CO. My parents had come up Wednesday from NM and went to Denver main office for their eye appointments at 11 as well. My dad was pleased as punch that KaCe ran to him for hugs when we arrived. Since my dad had only seem Aedan's pictures he did hold him for a long time (which is really great!). We then went to Aurora and checked into our hotel room. I was glad to have a pool for the boys (though I never got in). After my mom, KaCe, Ethan, and I ran to super target for sandwich supplies for dinner, they went swimming while I took my dad up to see Hayden. She was smiling, laughing, and feel really good compared to the last time I saw her! I was so glad to see her in such a wonderful mood!
On Saturday, we decided it was a little too cold (at 65) for Aedan and my dad to go to the zoo so we search for an alternative (but still reasonably priced). We ended up at the children's museum. It was a blast! My mom took pictures and as soon as she uploads them I will post them on the blog! KaCe had age appropriate crafts, Ethan had age appropriate crafts, and Aedan has an area directed for him (though we did not go there this time). We then went to lunch at Joe's crab shack (we have a rule that when out of town you don't eat at places you have at home...which is really easy since Gillette has few chains. 1e really enjoyed it (especially Ethan and KaCe because it had an out door play area). We were all very full but wanted to see Erick and Whitney. We then went to the hospital and waited downstairs for them. My parents went and saw Hayden and she was making great progress still. She was laughing and cuddling with her daddy and Whitney. After that we went to the hotel where Travis and I had homework to do for our class that is tonight. By 9 we were all in bed.
This morning we woke up at 7 (as usual for our boys) and had breakfast at the hotel...waffles, cereal, quiche, pigs in blankets....it is really a nice breakfast for a hotel! By 930 we were headed home! We are now passing Bill Wyoming so it won't be long now till we are home. Aedan has traveled way better today and slept most the way! KaCe and Ethan have each continued the movie and music cycle so they are still riding well. I am glad to have such easy riders....even though we take few long trips it makes it easier to have good riders. Well for today that is all! Have fun!




No comments:
Post a Comment