Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Doctors and screenings

Since I last posted (well about my kids) we have been busy!

He picked his clothes and buttoned his own pants
 KaCe had his kindy screening on Thursday the 3rd.  He did great!!  He will go to regular kindy versus Jr kindy because he passed his test with 17 out of 20!  He passed his hearing screening but did not pass his eye screening so we then made an appointment to go see the eye doctor (Mike Hughes, who saw me and my parents since we moved her).  He mostly passed his eye checkup but Mike really feels that when he starts school he may need glasses sooner than his next March when he gets his next check up.  He told us to watch for squinting and complains of headaches and to not wait when we see them as KaCe has astigmatism in his right eye (just like his mom and dad) so it makes it harder to learn when you have eye troubles (and we don't want him to hate learning because it hurts).   He also has an appt om March 24th to get his teeth cleaned (first dental visit).  He seems excited and understanding but this momma is expecting the worst!!  KaCe begins a FAST (families and schools together) program on Monday the 21st at Wagonwheel to help with the transitions that will be taking place next fall.  This program is just for Pre-K kiddos and  will offer him independence to learn and grow in a controlled environment and meet his new classmates and teachers as well.  It will also give him time to learn the school so he will be more accepting of it in August!

At Aedan's Doctor appt reading a book
Ethan, Ethan, Ethan!!  My drama king!!!  I love my drama king but some days we really need the whine and tattling to end before bedtime!  He loves our Wednesdays...because he get a playgroup that KaCe does not get to go to.  He plays so well with Ian, Brayden, and Catie (all three kiddos from church).  We are on a good schedule (finally) for everyone.  Ethan naps 3-4 days a week but not everyday.  He is sleeping all through the night in underwear and is such a good sleeper (most nights).  He loves to help me with laundry and dishes but refuses to put his shoes on with out my help and forgets socks!  I can't believe how well behaved he has become....he no longer strips his clothes off 5 seconds after we get home, in every restaurant, and every house we go to (yes this really was an issue).   He got moved back to a 5 point harness car seat because he took his seat belt off while I was driving one day.  I instantly pulled over and moved his behind to the 5 point car seat and away we went.   I am sure he will not do that again but we have not moved him back to his booster yet...maybe this weekend!

In the papasan seat..missed the smile but got bright eyes!
Aedan, my cuddle and hold me baby!  I love Aedan's personality.  He loves to be held, cuddled, and swaddled!  He wants complete eye contact and attention when you feed him...and he will scream till he gets it!  He is such a watcher....he loves to be up to my shoulder or or in the front pack so he can see the world!  He sleeps for 9 hours at night with 1 feeding somewhere between 1 and 2.  He loves to see his daddy off to work so we are always up by 6:30.   I have gotten him on a pretty good schedule (that will probably go out the window today due to shots).   He naps 3 times a day, each of his naps are usually 45 minutes to 1.5 hours but some days we get 2 longer naps instead of 3 shorter ones.  We have a good bedtime routine that last about 45 minutes and has him in bed between 8 and 9.  He is eating between 4 and 5 ounces a feeding except at night when he oddly eats 3 ounces.  He has a minor case of reflux so he can't sleep flat but other than that he is healthy!  He weighed 10lbs 1oz and was 22 &3/4in today at his 2 month shots appointment.  He is now sleeping with a little dose of Tylenol to help for the fever he started and pain.

Travis is working at Western Mine Services and comes home every day at 1p for lunch.  He really enjoys his work and the people he is working with.  He works 7a-7p with weekends off and no on call so we are really enjoying the family time that happens every evening and weekend.  Together we are taking the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University class n Sunday evenings at 6p.  We have listened to his book before but really need the support and ideas that many of the class members provide during our discussions.

I guess it is time to talk about me....for a few lines!   I am taking a parenting class called Love and Logic which is really helping with ideas to get KaCe and Ethan to take more responsibility of their actions.  They can chose what they want to do but they have to deal with the consequences.  I have learned to only offer choices I can live with...which I do forget some times but hey we are only on our second week of class so what do I expect!  I love my MOPS group and GMM group and all the friends I have made through those groups.  It is really amazing how loved I feel from our ward here in Gillette.  I am really looking forward (as are the boys) to going to Denver this weekend and seeing my parents.  I bet my dad is counting the hours till he gets to "nap" with Aedan and see how much KaCe and Ethan have grown.  Travis and I have our eye appointments in Loveland on Friday (while my parents have their appointments in Denver) and will then go to Aurora (where my parents have a room reserved for us).  We will be spending time with Erick, Hayden, and Whitney D. as well.  I guess I will post more after the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers


Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers



Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers



Daisypath Anniversary tickers