I am not going into detail....but life goes on. Everyday I have to continue pushing forward and hoping that life slows down. Although I highly doubt that.
KaCe- has his first IEP meeting this week. I am nervous about how it will go but I know this is the right route. He is doing great at getting 100 percent on his spelling tests. He does fight some nights on his homework.....but he has from Monday night till Monday night to get it all done. I am looking forward to having a direct contact at the school so that when issues arise (busing and consequences) I have 1 person to talk to EVERYTIME.....especially when there is a substitute:) He loves the Boys and Girls Club, scouts, and Awana. He seems to be making more friends his age (which is great). He is having more issues with his writing (upside down and backwards) which I hope will go away with the IEP...but I know it takes time:)
Ethan-"In my own little corner, in my own little world, I can be whatever I want to be" This is Ethan!! He is still at the 5% in height for kids his age, and 50% in weight for kids his age. He is maintaining his own curve so no one is worried right now...but we have to watch for early onset puberty as that will mean he has issues that we need to address. He is expected to be between 5 foot and 5 foot 3 inches when he is 30 (Dr took Travis' and my height and added us to the 30 year old scale {since we are almost there}, then went to the 5-10% and did the math based on our location on the scale). He has to continue to take his Vitamin D (his levels were extremely low in March), they are slightly higher....just not in normal levels....yet:). He is working on Preschool items at home....He is getting better at the alphabet.
Aedan-how many lemons do you need to make lemonade:) Well around here we take 3 steps forward then 2 steps backward:). He is incredibly smart, wants only what he can't have, and loves to eat:), hence the issue. He does not seem to be happy with the adjustments in his diet, but he is sleeping better, most the time. He has not gained any more words.....but he knows so many things....he just has to decide to talk. He goes back and forth with being a mommy's boy or daddy's boy...all depending on the day:) He is such a CLIMBER....up and down the table, up and down the bed, up and down the durango, up and down couches (including jumping off them:)). He went to nursery Sunday at church (first time staying the whole time since he turned 18 months) and he did better than expected.....but he still wanted the cheese crackers (they served them for the other kids) but when they gave him his gummies he seemed ok to have a different item as everyone else:) I hope we don't have too many fights with snack there.
Travis- He is SO excited to get to make a fly rod with his church group. He has never been so glad to go to church but when he came out of class he was saying "we need to call so I can order. after they do the fishing they are hoping to do muzzle loading or bow and arrows.......Please can I do it?" He is so excited! He is going to call his dad tonight to see if he wants to participate as well. Travis is frustrated with work but we have applications out everywhere....and when it is meant to be it will happen. In the meantime I just keep reminding him that we love him and know he does not mean to have an attitude with us:)
Whitney-Me.....Me....Me. What a mess! I have this thing about saying no....I am learning, I know I have to take care of myself, and I know I have to put my family first. I volunteer 2 times a week at the non profit book store here in town (I am also on the board for the organization), I am helping to run a cub scout pack (we only meet a few times a month but the paperwork:):)), I am helping a friend with her little guy while she and his dad both work, I run a bountiful basket site every two weeks (adding up to 5-7 hours a time), and I teach the 9 year old sunday school class at church. I really enjoy my time at each of these things. Scouts give KaCe and I some one on one time...which we all know he LOVES. Ethan and Aedan go to a friends house to play when I am at the bookstore as she can't work in the store so she helps with my kiddos:):)
OK......so I better go....but I want you all to know I will try harder to update more.....I will be putting the menu planning monday up each monday at 9am...lets just hope I stay on track....oh shoot....off track already...did not get the pulled pork started this am:(




No comments:
Post a Comment