This is my personal journal as well as a space to update friends and family about the kids and our lives. Please take note that while I want to hear from you, I will delete comments that are inappropriate. I don't try to scare you, to over inform you, or to leave anyone or anything out. I can chose what to put up here, it is my space to be open and verbal! Whitney
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Getting ready
I remember growing up as Mom and Dad would get us ready for any trip....She went one way...he went the other...in the end it all worked out but it sure looked hectic. Now as aparent, getting ready for our "first" camping vacation I realize...my parents were organized in their own way. Today, travis and I both had Chiropractor appointments at 4, then KaCe had tumbling from 5-6 and then I had to race home to get laundry finished and pack.....I use this work loosely as I still have not gotten Trav or I packed but the kids (minus socks, diapers/pullups, and their favorites) are packed. Each child got a black duffle (yes mom those ugly non descript duffles that Trav has had since before we were married) stuffed with clothes, mostly pants, and long sleeve shirts with one short outfit for Sunday (if it is warm enough). Their shoes are in those bags as well, and enough diapers to get us through Friday morning when we will buy more (as we are all but out here and in small truck no room for EXTRAS). Travis meanwhile is at Kory's with Ethan and Dean working on the hitch (we still don't have it all hooked up ad we leave tomorrow at 5ish). They were supposed to be home at 6:30 as Tom (Travis' Dad) was coming over to see the boys. At 7:45 all three (Travis, Dean, and Ethan) walk in the door. Well, I never said our "plan" had worked. Now I finally have to pack for us....but t laundry is not all done and unless I can see all the clothes I own how do I know I packed the right things? So here I am updating this blog...while the "last" load is in the washer, Travis is out side in the rain finishing the final touches to get the lights to work on the trailer from the truck as we did not have the right adapter. Ye even I am learning out adapters, hitches, tires, and towing....it really can happen :):) So I better go get the laundry "finished", Travis packed, and get to bed. Travis and I both have to work till 3:30p, then finish this disorganized project so we can "enjoy" our first family camping vacation....even if it is only to Erick's Drive way in Eaton Colorado...Hey it still away from home!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment